Seniors can be excellent golfers but they need the right fairway wood.
It’s no secret that golfers at every level are always looking for an edge to improve their game. While there are many pieces of equipment and accessories that can help, choosing the right fairway woods is essential for making long shots on the golf course. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at some of the best fairway woods for seniors and offer advice on how to choose the right one for you.
What is fairway woods?
A fairway wood is a type of golf club that is used to hit the ball long distances. The head of the club is typically much larger than that of an iron, and the shaft is also longer. This makes them ideal for hitting the ball out of the rough or from a tee.
While they are called “woods,” fairway woods can actually be made from a variety of materials, including steel, titanium, and graphite. The heads of these clubs are also usually hollow, which makes them lighter and easier to swing.
Fairway woods are also referred to as “long irons” because they are similar to irons in terms of their design. The main difference is that fairway woods have a larger head and a longer shaft, which makes them easier to hit the ball with.
3 woods are the most popular fairway woods among golfers. These clubs have a large head and a long shaft, making them ideal for hitting the ball long distances. 5 woods are also popular, but they are not as common as 3 woods. 7 woods are the least common type of fairway wood, but they can be useful for hitting the ball out of the rough.
What factors should seniors consider when choosing a fairway wood?
There are a few things that seniors should keep in mind when choosing a fairway wood.
- Loft: First, it’s important to think about the loft of the club. The loft is the angle between the face of the club and the shaft, and it determines how high or low the ball will fly. For seniors, they will want to look for a club with a lower loft angle. This will make it easier to hit the ball straight and avoid hooks or slices.
- Shaft Length: Another important factor to consider is the shaft length. The shaft is the long part of the club that connects the head to the grip. For seniors, it’s often best to choose a club with a shorter shaft. This will make it easier to control the club and swing it with accuracy.
- Head size: The head is the part of the club that makes contact with the ball. The larger the head, the more forgiving the club will be. For seniors, it’s often best to choose a fairway wood with a larger head. This will help to ensure that you make solid contact with the ball and hit it straight.
- Flexibility: The flexibility of the shaft is also an important factor to consider. The more flexible the shaft, the easier it will be to control the club. For seniors, it’s often best to choose a fairway wood with a shaft that is considered “regular” or “stiff.”
Best Fairway Woods for Seniors
- Mizuno ST-Z Fairway
- Srixon ZX Fairway
- Tour Edge Exotics C721 Fairway Wood
- Ping G425 SFT Fairway
- Titleist TSI2 Fairway Wood
- TaylorMade Sim2 Max D Fairway Wood
- Cobra Radspeed Big Tour Fairway
- Callaway Epic Max Fairway
- Callaway Big Bertha B21 Fairway
- TaylorMade Sim2 Titanium Fairway Wood
Reviews of Best Fairway Woods for Seniors in 2022
Top on this list is the Mizuno ST-Z Fairway. The Mizuno ST-Z is a great option for seniors as it offers a nice mix of forgiveness and accuracy. The club has a large head and a deep face, which makes it very forgiving. It also has a shorter shaft length, making it easier to control. In addition, the Mizuno ST-Z has a stiff flex shaft, which makes it easier to control.
Overall, the Mizuno ST-Z is a great fairway wood for seniors who are looking for accuracy and forgiveness.
Srixon ZX Fairway
The Srixon ZX has a large head and a deep face, which makes it very forgiving. It also has a shorter shaft length, making it easier to control. In addition, the Srixon ZX has a stiff flex shaft, which makes it easier to control.
Overall, the Srixon ZX is a great fairway wood for seniors who are looking for accuracy and forgiveness.
Best woods for seniors who are looking for distance.
Tour Edge Exotics C721 Fairway Wood
The Tour Edge Exotics C721 is a great fairway wood for seniors who are looking for distance. The club has a large head and a long shaft, which makes it ideal for hitting the ball long distances. In addition, the Tour Edge Exotics C721 has a stiff flex shaft, which makes it easier to control.
Best Fairway woods for Accuracy with Aging Golfers
Ping G425 SFT Fairway
The Ping G425 SFT is a great fairway wood for seniors who are looking for accuracy and forgiveness. The club has a large head and a deep face, which makes it very forgiving. It also has a shorter shaft length, making it easier to control. In addition, the Ping G425 SFT has a stiff flex shaft, which makes it easier to control.
Titleist’s TSi2 fairway offers a great balance of distance and forgiveness that senior citizens of all handicap levels should consider. The stability to be encouraging, and the appearance to be unrivaled.
The ATI 425 Aerospace Titanium in the driver’s face creates a club that is not only long and straight but also stylish and delivers an incredible sound. The face of the club allows for higher ball speeds at every point of contact.
The RADSPEED Big Tour Fairway Wood is designed with a slightly oversize club structure, front-biased internal weighting and external RADIAL weighting for low CG, spin and faster ball speeds.
The extremely front-weighted club features 16 grams of weight in the front and 7 grams in the back to create ultra-low spin, faster ball speeds, and a low center of gravity for a low, penetrating ball flight. The new carbon fiber material in the crown is 30% thinner and 6g lighter for more flexibility to move weight towards the front, lowering spin and increasing speed. The CNC milled face is nearly 5 times more precise than before produces much more consistent face thickness.
The Epic MAX Fairway Wood is designed with an oversized head and shallower face to make it easy to launch, as well as a new Jailbreak A.I. Velocity Blades system which not only stiffens the body but also increases stability for higher ball speeds and easier launching. It is made of high-strength C300 Maraging Steel for exceptional strength and flexibility, Face Cup technology for speed and consistency,and is uniquely designed using advanced A.I., making this club perfect for seniors’ games!
Hi there! I am Justin, one of the founders here at Golf Bagsy. I have been golfing since I was 12 and have participated in over 50 tournaments since 2018. When COVID took over the golf tournament schedules during the lockdowns, I spent a good amount of time doing research and writing about golf. I also provide part-time coaching for those looking to learn how to play golf and can be reached at email@example.com.