You’ll appreciate a good single-strap golf bag if you’ve used heavier models in the past. These bags have a single strap that you sling over your shoulder, and they’re much lighter than their two-strap counterparts. They redistribute weight evenly, so they won’t feel as cumbersome when you walk the course. In this article, I have picked the very best brand in the market with a versatile single-strap but also has two strap and can use double straps when you want to.
What is a single-strap golf bag?
A single-strap golf bag has one strap that you sling over your shoulder, as opposed to two straps (one for each shoulder). They’re also lighter than double-strap bags.
The usual golf bags with four-point, backpack-style strap systems have become the standard carry bags in the business. However, if you want an easier method to transport your clubs, there’s another sort of bag to think about: the single-strap golf bag.
As the name implies, these golf bags have only one strap. You throw the strap over your shoulder and let the bag hang down your back. The weight of the bag is distributed evenly, so it’s more comfortable to carry than a two- or four-strap bag.
There are several advantages to using a single-strap golf bag:
They’re lighter: Most single-strap bags weigh around 3 pounds, while the average double-strap bag weighs 4 to 5 pounds. That may not seem like much, but it can make a big difference when you’re carrying your bag for 18 holes.
They’re more comfortable: The evenly distributed weight of a single-strap bag takes the pressure off your shoulders and back. And because the bag hangs down your back, it allows for better air circulation, so you won’t get as sweaty.
They’re easier to put on and take off: You don’t have to waste time fiddling with straps when you’re ready to tee off. Just throw the bag over your shoulder and go.
Types of single-strap golf bags
There are two main types of single-strap golf bags: stand bags and cart bags.
- Stand bags are the lighter of the two options, making them easier to carry. They have a built-in stand that props the bag up when you set it down, so you don’t have to bend over to reach your clubs.
- Cart bags are bigger and heavier, so they’re designed to be used with a golf cart. They have all the bells and whistles of a double-strap bag, like multiple pockets and a rain hood, but they’re still easier to carry thanks to the single strap.
Single-strap vs double-strap golf bags; which one is better?
As a golf beginner, you may be wondering what the difference is between a single-strap and double-strap golf bag. The biggest difference is in the weight. A single-strap golf bag will typically weigh less than a double-strap bag. This is because there is only one strap to carry the weight of the bag, as opposed to two.
If you are someone who walks the course often, a single-strap golf bag may be a better option for you. They are easier to carry and won’t weigh you down as much. However, if you prefer to ride in a golf cart, a double-strap bag may be a better option. This is because they can be more difficult to fit in a golf cart, and you may have to remove the clubs in order to do so.
How to choose the best single-strap golf bags: the definitive guide
Now that you know the advantages and disadvantages of a single-strap golf bag, it’s time to learn how to choose the best one for you. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Weight: As mentioned before, one of the main benefits of a single-strap golf bag is that they are lighter than double-strap bags. If you plan on walking the course often, choose a bag that is lightweight and easy to carry. You can expect regular empty golf bags to weigh up to 5 pounds. Go for those made with lighter materials such as aluminum or polyester and weighs less than 5 pounds.
- Ease of getting clubs out: A single-strap golf bag should not just be light, it should also give you an easy time getting clubs out with ease. Go for those with openings of about 10 inches (in diameter) and 5 to 7 inches in the top section. This will make it easy for you to grab whatever club you need without having to search through the entire bag. It would also help to get some with at least 3 full-length dividers.
- Pockets: Just because a golf bag has one strap doesn’t mean it can’t have plenty of pockets for storage. In fact, most single-strap bags come with several pockets for storing essentials such as balls, tees, and snacks. Choose a bag with at least 7 pockets, including a water-resistant pocket for valuables. Make sure the pockets include a velour pocket for valuables, a full-length apparel pocket, a water bottle pocket, and a ball pocket.
- Strap: Of course, you’ll want to pay close attention to the strap of the bag. Make sure it is comfortable and adjustable so you can find the perfect fit. The strap should also be wide enough (at least 2 inches) so it doesn’t dig into your shoulder.
- Stand: If you plan on carrying your bag around the course, then you’ll want one with a built-in stand. This will allow you to set the bag down without having to bend over and reach for your clubs. Most single-strap bags come with a stand, but it’s still something to keep in mind when making your decision.
- Price & value you want: Single-strap golf bags usually cost less than double-strap bags. You can find a quality bag for under $100 but if you want one with more features such as a cooler bag, you may want to budget $150 to $250 for it. However, keep in mind that the price will also depend on the brand and the features of the bag. You can also wait for offers and discounts during holiday sales such as the upcoming Prime Day, Black Fridays in November, Cyber Monday, Christmas, Boxing Day, and New Year sales of different single-strap bags.
- Size: Another thing to consider is the size of the bag. If you are someone who carries a lot of gear, you’ll want to choose a bag with more storage space. However, if you prefer to travel light, you can opt for sure ita smaller bag. Just make sure it has enough pockets for everything you need.
- Brand: When it comes to choosing a brand, it really depends on your preference. There are well-known brands such as Callaway, TaylorMade, Ping, Titleist, and Cobra that offer high-quality golf bags. However, there are also more affordable options from brands such as Intech, Precise Golf, Maxfli, Wilson, and Pinnacle. It really depends on your budget and what you’re looking for in a bag.
- Rain hood: If you live in an area that gets a lot of rain, or if you plan on playing in the rain, make sure the bag has a rain hood. This will keep your clubs and gear dry.
- Warranty: Most golf bags come with a 1-year warranty. However, some brands offer a longer warranty for their products. It’s always best to choose a bag with a longer warranty so you can be sure it is of good quality and will last long.
- Convertible, from single to double-strap and vice-versa: You may also want to consider a convertible bag that can be used as a single-strap or double-strap bag. This way, you can use it as a single-strap bag when you’re carrying it around the course. But if you need to carry more gear, you can convert it into a double-strap bag.
- Other features: In addition to the aforementioned features, there are a few other things you’ll want to keep in mind when choosing a single-strap golf bag. These include the materials used (such as polyester or nylon), the color, and the price.
Review of the Best Single-Strap Golf Bags
Callaway Golf 2021 Hyperlite Zero Stand Bag
Our overall best single-strap golf bag in this 2022 list is the Callaway Golf 2021 Hyperlite Zero Stand Bag. In our rating, it came top because of its self-balancing X-Act Fit single-strap system which ensures even weight distribution and easy carrying. The X-Act Fit system also has a padded strap that is comfortable to wear even when the bag is fully loaded.
The compact, lightweight design of the Callaway Golf 2021 Hyperlite Zero Stand Bag is perfect for players who prefer to carry their bags. The 4-way top features full-length dividers and 7 pockets including a velour-lined valuables pocket with a waterproof zipper and a cell phone sleeve. This stand bag comes with strong and lightweight carbon fiber legs with rubber feet that will provide stability on any surface. The OptiFit Comfort Strap* conforms to the shape of your shoulders while providing maximum comfort. Weighing only 2.9 pounds, this is one of the lightest single-strap golf bags on our list.
|Name||Callaway Golf 2021 Hyperlite Zero Stand Bag|
|Rating on Amazon||4.6 out of 5 stars by 88 golfers as of May 9, 2022|
|Item Package Dimensions L x W x H||35.5 x 14 x 11.5 inches|
|Package Weight||3.41 Pounds|
|Item Weight||3 Pounds|
|Warranty Description||2 year manufacturer|
|Model Name||HL Zero Logo|
|Included Components||Golf Bag|
- – X-Act Fit single strap system ensures even weight distribution and easy carrying
- – Padded strap is comfortable to wear
- – Compact, lightweight design perfect for players who prefer to carry their bags
- – 4-way top features full-length dividers and 7 pockets
- – Carbon fiber legs with rubber feet provide stability on any surface
- – OptiFit Comfort Strap* conforms to the shape of your shoulders while providing maximum comfort
- – Weighing only 3 pounds, this is one of the lightest single-strap golf bags on our list
- – Some reviewers find the pockets to be too small
- – Others find the bag to be too lightweight and not sturdy enough
- One user noted that the zippers on the hood are defective as ‘there is no closing them, no matter which way they are zipped the zipper does not close.’
How to carry a single-strap golf bag;
There are a few things you need to take into account when carrying a single-strap golf bag;
– First, make sure the strap is adjusted properly so that the bag hangs evenly from your shoulder.
– Second, use both hands to support the bag when picking it up or putting it down.
– Third, never swing the bag around or over your head.
– Fourth, be careful not to twist your body when carrying the bag. This can cause pain or injury.
– Finally, make sure the bag is not too heavy for you to carry. If it is, consider using a double-strap golf bag instead.
The following video provides further instructions on how to carry a single-strap golf bag;
As you can see, there are a few things you need to take into account when carrying a single-strap golf bag. Make sure the strap is adjusted properly, use both hands to support the bag, and be careful not to twist your body. Also, make sure the bag is not too heavy for you to carry. If it is, consider using a double-strap golf bag instead.
While single-strap golf bags have many benefits, they also come with a few drawbacks. One of the biggest problems is that they can be difficult to carry if they are too heavy. Another problem is that the bag can swing around and hit you if you are not careful.
If you are looking for a golf bag that is easy to carry and does not have these problems, then you should consider getting a double-strap golf bag instead. While they are more expensive, they are worth the money if you want a bag that is easy to carry and will not swing around and hit you.
We have a more detailed guide on how to carry your golf bag here.
Q: What is the best single-strap golf bag?
A: The Callaway Golf 2021 Hyperlite Zero Stand Bag is the best single strap golf bag. It is perfect for players who prefer to carry their bags. The 4-way top features full-length dividers and 7 pockets including a velour-lined valuables pocket with a waterproof zipper and a cell phone sleeve.
Q: What are the benefits of a single strap golf bag?
A: Some benefits of a single strap golf bag include that they are easy to carry and they distribute the weight evenly. Additionally, they are perfect for players who prefer to carry their bags.
Q: What are some things to take into account when carrying a single strap golf bag?
A: When carrying a single strap golf bag, make sure the strap is adjusted properly and use both hands to support the bag. Additionally, be careful not to twist your body when carrying the bag and make sure it is not too heavy for you to carry.
Q: What are some drawbacks of a single-strap golf bag?
A: Some drawbacks of a single strap golf bag include that they can be difficult to carry if they are too heavy and the bag can swing around and hit you if you are not careful.
Hi there! I am Justin, one of the founders here at Golf Bagsy. I have been golfing since I was 12 and have participated in over 50 tournaments since 2018. When COVID took over the golf tournament schedules during the lockdowns, I spent a good amount of time doing research and writing about golf. I also provide part-time coaching for those looking to learn how to play golf and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.