As a golfer now for 15+ years, I don’t remember the last time I used my golf bag without the divider inserts. In this article, I review the best golf bag divider inserts and share a guide on how you can pick the best from a growing selection available in the market today.
What is a Golf Bag Divider Insert?
Golf bag divider inserts are designed to protect and extend the life of your golf clubs by separating them and preventing impact damage. They also make it easier to organize your clubs and choose the one you need for each shot.
Most golf bags have built-in dividers, but they are often flimsy and don’t provide adequate protection. Divider inserts are made of durable materials such as polyester or nylon and have reinforced stitching to prevent tearing. They slip into the individual sections of your golf bag and provide a snug fit that prevents your clubs from moving around.
Reviews of the Best Golf Bag Divider Insert
The best golf bag divider insert on the market is the Player Supreme golf tubes.
Player Supreme Golf Tubes/Dividers are the ultimate golf club divider and protectors. With a variety of sizes to choose from, you can keep your clubs separated and protected with ease.
These tubes come in packs of 1, 3, 7 or 14 and are available at a great price! The standard 1.25″ tube is perfect for all adult-sized bags and can be cut down for junior or mid-sized bags.
The Izzo Golf Black Plastic Golf Club Tube for Your Golf Bag is the perfect divider accessory for your golf bag. Designed to easily fit one golf club per tube, our golf club tubes for golf bags measure 33.5 inches in length and 1.25 inches in diameter. Equipped with a hard, reinforced plastic lip, our specialized golf bag tubes protect your golf clubs from scuffs and snags while traveling or storing them at home. The perfect length and width for any size golf bag, our golf tubes make it easy to remove or replace your golf clubs while also offering great protection.
Callaway Golf Club Tube
The Callaway Golf Club Tube is the perfect way to keep your clubs protected while you’re on the go. This tube is made from durable PVC and can hold up to 14 clubs. It also features an integrated handle for easy transport, and a zippered closure for added security. The Callaway Golf Club Tube is a great way to keep your clubs safe and sound while you’re on the road.
This Innova 6-disc accordion insert is perfect for separating and organizing your golf discs. This divider has capacity for 6 golf discs, measures approximately 9.25″ wide by 7.25″ tall, and is about 4″ deep when filled with 6 drivers (would be deeper with 6 putters). The front and back faces of this divider have velcro fasteners so that more than one can be stuck together for larger bags, or to fasten the divider into place on the Innova Standard, Deluxe, and Tour bags.
The iPlus Golf Club Organizers 14pcs protect your clubs from shaking and friction. They fit into your bag and can be detached very easily. The putter is held in place by its jaws and preventing damage to clubs. Made of durable K-resin, these organizers are a great value for the price.
Izzo Golf Black Plastic Golf Club Tube is a hard, reinforced plastic golf club tube designed to protect your golf clubs from scuffs and snags.
The perfect length and width for any size golf bag, our golf tubes make it easy to remove or replace your golf clubs. Our golf bag club tubes are available in 1, 3, 7, or 14-piece packs.
Golf Bag with Divider Inserts Buying Guide
Why Use a Golf Bag Divider Insert?
There are several reasons why you should use a divider insert in your golf bag:
1. To protect your clubs: The main reason to use a divider insert is to protect your expensive golf clubs from damage. When your clubs are loose in the bag, they can bang into each other and become dented or scratched. This not only affects the appearance of your clubs but can also affect their performance.
2. To extend the life of your clubs: By protecting your clubs from damage, you’ll also be extending their life. This means you won’t have to replace them as often, which can save you a lot of money in the long run.
3. To keep your clubs organized: Another advantage of using divider inserts is that they keep your clubs organized. You can easily see which club you need for each shot and avoid having to search through a jumble of clubs to find the one you want.
4. To save space in your bag: When your clubs are properlyorganized, they will take up less space in your bag. This is especially important if you’re carrying a lot of clubs or if you have a smaller bag.
5. To make your bag easier to carry: A well-organized bag is also easier to carry, which can be a big help if you’re walking the course.
6. To prevent damage to other items in your bag: If you carry other items in your bag, such as a rangefinder or GPS unit, you’ll need to protect them from damage as well. Otherwise, they could become damaged by your clubs banging into them.
7. To keep your clubs from rusting: If you live in an area with high humidity, you know that moisture can cause your clubs to rust. By using divider inserts, you can help to keep your clubs dry and prevent rusting.
8. To improve your game: When your clubs are properlyorganized and protected, you’ll be able to focus on your game and not worry about damage to your clubs. This can help you to play your best and lower your scores.
9. To make your bag look better: When your clubs are properly protected and organized, your bag will also look better. This is especially important if you’re using a high-end bag.
10. To show off your style: There are many different styles of divider inserts available, so you can choose the ones that best match your personality and style.
Things to Consider When Choosing Golf Bag Dividers Inserts
When you’re looking for the best golf bag divider inserts, there are several things you need to keep in mind:
1. The number of dividers: The first thing to consider is the number of dividers you need. Most golf bags have between three and six sections, so you’ll need to find inserts that have the same number of dividers.
2. The material: The material the divider insert is made of will affect its durability and how well it protects your clubs. Look for an insert that’s made of a durable material such as polyester or nylon.
3. The size: You’ll also need to make sure the divider insert you choose is the right size for your bag. Most inserts are made to fit standard-sized golf bags, but there are also some that are made for larger or smaller bags.
4. The price: Golf bag divider inserts vary in price, so you’ll need to find one that’s within your budget. You can find inserts that range in price from a few dollars to over $100.
5. The warranty: When you’re spending money on a divider insert, you want to make sure it comes with a good warranty. This will protect your investment and give you peace of mind in case something goes wrong.
Tips for Choosing the Best Golf Bag Dividers Inserts
Now that you know what to look for in golf bag divider inserts, here are a few tips to help you choose the best ones for your needs:
1. Read online reviews: One of the best ways to find the right divider insert is to read online reviews. This will allow you to see what others have to say about their experiences with different products.
2. Ask for recommendations: If you know other golfers, ask them for recommendations. They may have a great insert that they use and can recommend to you.
3. Check the return policy: Before you make your purchase, be sure to check the return policy. This will allow you to return the product if it’s not what you’re looking for.
4. Compare prices: When you’re ready to buy, take some time to compare prices from different retailers. This will help you to get the best deal on the insert you want.
5. Buy from a reputable retailer: Be sure to buy your divider insert from a reputable retailer. This will ensure that you’re getting a high-quality product.
What’s the perfect number of dividers?
There’s no perfect answer to this question since it depends on your individual needs. If you have a lot of clubs, you may need more dividers so that they’re all properly protected. On the other hand, if you have fewer clubs, you may not need as many dividers.
4-way golf divider system: This type of system typically has four dividers that run vertically down the bag. This is a good option if you prefer to carry fewer clubs and prefer a lightweight golf bag with easily accessible clubs.
6-way golf divider system: This type of system typically has six dividers and is a perfect mix between a few-divider 4-way system and a several-divider 14-way system. 6-way system has plenty of space for all of your clubs while still being able to keep them well-organized.
14-way golf divider system: This type of system typically has 14 dividers and offers the most amount of space for each club. If you have a lot of clubs or prefer to have more space between each club, then this is the system for you.
What’s the best material for a divider insert?
There are a few different materials you can choose from when it comes to divider inserts. The most common materials are polyester and nylon.
Polyester: Polyester is a durable material that’s often used in golf bag divider inserts. It’s resistant to tearing and wear and tear, so it’s a good option if you’re looking for an insert that will last.
Nylon: Nylon is another durable material that’s often used in golf bag divider inserts. It’s also resistant to tearing and wear and tear, making it a good choice for those who are looking for an insert that will last.
Which is better, a hard or soft insert?
This is a matter of personal preference. Some golfers prefer hard inserts because they offer more protection for their clubs. Others prefer soft inserts because they’re lighter and easier to carry.
Hard Inserts: Hard inserts are typically made of polyester or nylon. They offer more protection for your clubs and can help to prevent them from being damaged.
Soft Inserts: Soft inserts are typically made of polyester or nylon as well. They’re lighter than hard inserts and can be easier to carry. However, they don’t offer as much protection for your clubs.
What’s the best way to clean a divider insert?
The best way to clean a divider insert is to spot clean it with a damp cloth. You can also use mild soap and water if necessary. Avoid using harsh cleaners or scrubbing the insert too hard, as this can damage it.
Spot Cleaning: Spot cleaning is the best way to clean your divider insert. To do this, simply wipe it down with a damp cloth.
Mild Soap and Water: If your insert is particularly dirty, you can use mild soap and water to clean it. Be sure to rinse the insert off thoroughly afterwards.
Harsh Cleaners: Avoid using harsh cleaners on your divider insert, as this can damage it.
Scrubbing: Avoid scrubbing the insert too hard, as this can damage it.
What’s the best way to store a divider insert?
The best way to store a divider insert is to keep it in a cool, dry place. Avoid storing it in direct sunlight or in a humid environment, as this can damage it.
Cool, Dry Place: The best way to store your divider insert is in a cool, dry place. This will help to keep it in good condition and prevent it from being damaged.
Direct Sunlight: Avoid storing your divider insert in direct sunlight, as this can damage it.
Humid Environment: Avoid storing your divider insert in a humid environment, as this can damage it.
What are some tips for using a divider insert?
Here are some tips for using a divider insert:
– Keep it clean: Be sure to spot clean your divider insert regularly. This will help to keep it in good condition and prevent it from being damaged.
– Store it properly: Be sure to store your divider insert in a cool, dry place. This will help to keep it in good condition and prevent it from being damaged.
– Use it carefully: Avoid scrubbing the insert too hard, as this can damage it. Also, be sure to avoid using harsh cleaners or storing it in direct sunlight or a humid environment.
By following these tips, you can help to ensure that your divider insert lasts for a long time.
Q: What is a divider insert?
A: A divider insert is a device that helps to keep your golf clubs organized and protected. It is placed inside of your golf bag and helps to keep your clubs from becoming tangled or damaged.
Q: How do I choose the right divider insert for my golf bag?
A: When choosing a divider insert for your golf bag, it is important to consider the size of your bag and the number of clubs that you have. You will also want to consider the material of the insert and how easy it is to use.
Q: How do I care for my divider insert?
A: Caring for your divider insert is important in order to keep it in good condition. Be sure to avoid scrubbing the insert too hard, as this can damage it. Also, be sure to avoid using harsh cleaners or storing it in direct sunlight or a humid environment.
Q: Do divider inserts reduce noise?
A: Yes, divider inserts can help to reduce noise when you are carrying your golf bag. This is especially helpful if you have metal clubs that can clank against each other.
Q: What is the best material for a divider insert?
A: The best material for a divider insert is one that is durable and easy to clean. You will also want to consider the weight of the insert and how easy it is to use.
Q: Do divider inserts come in different sizes?
A: Yes, divider inserts come in different sizes in order to fit different golf bags. Be sure to measure your bag before purchasing an insert to ensure that it will fit.
Q: How much do divider inserts cost?
A: Divider inserts can range in price depending on the size, material, and features. However, you can expect to pay between $10 and $30 for a good quality insert.
There are many different types of golf bag divider inserts available on the market, so it is important to choose the one that is right for you. Be sure to consider the size of your bag, the number of clubs that you have, and the material of the insert. You will also want to consider how easy it is to use and how durable it is. Divider inserts can range in price, but you can expect to pay between $10 and $30 for a good quality insert. When caring for your divider insert, be sure to avoid scrubbing it too hard and avoid using harsh cleaners. Also, be sure to store it in a cool, dry place.
Hi there! I am Justin, one of the founders here at Golf Bagsy. I have been golfing since I was 12 and have participated in over 50 tournaments since 2018. When COVID took over the golf tournament schedules during the lockdowns, I spent a good amount of time doing research and writing about golf. I also provide part-time coaching for those looking to learn how to play golf and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.