If you are left-handed, the answer to your question on which left-handed golf bag you can get should be simple. Top brands such as Ogio, Ouul, Sun Mountain, and Callaway all specifically cater to lefties with great golf bags.
What is a left-handed golf bag?
A left-handed golf bag is a golf bag designed specifically for left-handed golfers. These bags feature straps and compartments that are placed in strategic positions for easy access and use by lefties.
Though I am right-handed, I have one friend who is left-handed and I first learned from him how to carry a left-handed golf bag. If you are left-handed, you know how difficult it can be to find products designed specifically for you, and golf is no different.
10% of the US population is left-handed and though it seems like a small number when you think about the number of lefties in the world, it’s actually quite significant.
Whether it was partly inspired by the COVID-19 lockdown or not the number of golfers has been surging. 2020 saw its peak at 24.8 million golfers, an increase of 500,000 or about 2% from 2019 figures. This was the largest increase in 17 years.
Going by the national statistic, if 10% of golfers are left-handed, this puts the number of lefties at about 2.5 million.
Benefits of left-handed golf bags;
While there are many benefits of using a left-handed golf bag, some of the key advantages include:
- Easy access to clubs and other gear – with the bag straps placed on the right side, it’s easy for lefties to access their clubs and other gear without having to reach across their body.
- Better weight distribution – since the bag is worn on the right side, the weight is distributed evenly, which can help prevent fatigue during a long round of golf.
- Fewer restrictions on movement – since the bag is not in the way, lefties have more freedom of movement, which can lead to a better swing.
How to choose the best left-handed golf bag;
When choosing the best left handed golf bag for you, there are a few things you should keep in mind, including:
- The number of clubs you need to carry – if you only need to carry a few clubs, a smaller bag will suffice. However, if you need to carry a full set of clubs, you’ll need a larger bag.
- The type of terrain you’ll be playing on – if you’re only going to be playing on flat terrain, a lighter bag will be fine. However, if you’ll be playing on hilly or rugged terrain, you’ll need a bag that’s designed for those conditions.
- The type of clubs you have – if you have special clubs, such as oversized or ladies clubs, you’ll need to make sure the bag has enough room to accommodate them.
- The type of climate you’ll be playing in – if you’re playing in hot weather, you’ll need a bag that has ventilation to keep your clubs from getting too hot. However, if you’re playing in cold weather, you’ll need a bag that will keep your clubs from getting too cold.
- Your budget – golf bags can range in price from less than $100 to more than $1,000. so you’ll need to decide how much you’re willing to spend on a bag.
- Straps: Most left-handed golf bags will have straps that are placed on the right side of the bag so that they can be worn over the shoulder. However, some bags have straps that are placed on the left side, which can be worn cross-body. You can also choose between single or double-strap golf bags. I recommend going for versatile bags that allow you to switch from double to single-strap carry when you need to.
- Compartments: Most golf bags have several compartments, which can be used to store clubs, balls, tees, towels, and other gear. When choosing a golf bag, make sure it has enough compartments to meet your needs.
- Weight: The weight of the golf bag is also an important consideration. If you’re going to be carrying your bag for long periods of time, you’ll need a bag that’s not too heavy. Most lightweight options weight less than 5 pounds when empty and recommend picking those that do not exceed 5 pounds.
- Size: The size of the golf bag is also important. If you plan on walking the course, you’ll need a bag that’s not too big or bulky. If you’re going to be riding in a cart, you can choose a larger bag.
There are many different brands that make left-handed golf bags, but some of the more popular ones include Titleist, Callaway, Ping, and Taylormade.
When it comes to choosing the best left-handed golf bag for you, it’s important to consider your needs and budget. If you’re a serious golfer, you may want to invest in a high-end bag that has all the bells and whistles. However, if you’re just starting out, you may want to choose a more budget-friendly option.
No matter what type of left-handed golf bag you choose, make sure it has enough compartments to meet your needs and that it’s comfortable to carry.
Reviews of the Best Left-Handed Golf Bags;
The best left-handed golf bag brand you can find in the market today is the Sun Mountain brand. As we analyzed the reviews and user feedback, we were impressed that even right-handed golfers loved carrying this bag using their left hands.
Sun Mountain’s 2022 Mens golf bag is packed with features that make it the ultimate travel companion. The four-way top provides easy access to your clubs and gear, while the double strap system offers a comfortable fit for walking. The ten pockets allow you to keep all of your gear organized, including a water-resistant valuables pocket and a full-length apparel pocket. It also comes with a rain hood so you can play in any weather condition.
To make it easy for lefties to carry Sun Mountain designed this bag with a reverse shoulder strap system. The straps are placed on the right side of the bag so they can be worn over the left shoulder. The result is a bag that’s easier to carry for lefties and that doesn’t feel awkward when walking or riding.
The side pockets and hip protectors are also reversed for a left-handed golfer, allowing them to be accessed from the rear.
The bag’s strap system is set up so that the top of the bag faces to the left side of the body. It has the option of single-strap carry or can carry it using its double straps.
- -The bag has a four-way top for easy access to clubs and gear.
- -The double strap system is comfortable for walking.
- -The ten pockets keep all of your gear organized.
- -The reverse shoulder strap system makes it easier for lefties to carry.
- -Some users felt that the bag was too heavy.
- -Others found that the pockets were not large enough.
Our second pick on this list is the OGIO 2020 Fuse 4 Stand Bag. This bag is designed to offer maximum comfort and ease of use for left-handed golfers. It has a Fit Disk strap system that distributes weight across your shoulders and comes with an intuitive design with pockets that are easy to reach for those using their left hands to carry their golf bags.
The four-way top provides easy access to your clubs, while the seven pockets offer plenty of storage for all your gear. The reverse shoulder strap system ensures a comfortable fit for lefties, and the bag also comes with a rain hood to keep your clubs dry in any weather conditions.
This OGIO 2020 Fuse 4 Stand Bag is the most comfortable carry bag ever made by Ogio. Made with premium lightweight water-resistant ripstop fabric and ultra-refined design, this bag delivers efficiency in weight and durability while maximizing performance. Wide and dense cushioned shoulder straps with Fit Disc Technology make this Stand Bag extraordinarily comfortable to carry.
- -The Fit Disk strap system distributes weight evenly.
- -The bag has an intuitive design with easy-to-reach pockets.
- -The reverse shoulder strap system ensures a comfortable fit for lefties.
- -Some users felt that the bag was too small.
- -Others found that the straps were not comfortable.
The next best option you can get as a leftie is the TaylorMade Stand 8.0 Bag. This bag is designed with a comfortable reverse shoulder strap system that helps distribute weight evenly and comes with an eight-way top for easy access to all your clubs.
The TaylorMade Stand 8.0 Golf Club Bag is the ultimate lightweight stand bag for all of your golfing needs. The TaylorMade Stand 8.0 features a multi-handle system that allows you to carry the bag with eight different carrying options, including over your shoulder and backpack style straps on either side of the bag! This lightweight golf club bag also features a Velour lined dry pocket to keep your clubs safe from moisture as well as four zippered pockets and two velour-lined valuables pockets for all of your on-course storage needs.
- -The bag has a comfortable reverse shoulder strap system.
- -The eight-way top provides easy access to all your clubs.
- -The bag features a Velour lined dry pocket to keep your clubs safe from moisture.
- -Some users found that the bag was too small.
- -Others felt that the straps were not comfortable.
Where to buy golf bags for lefties;
You can find golf bags for lefties on major online retail stores such as Amazon and eBay. You can also find them on golf specialty websites and in some brick-and-mortar golf stores such as Walmart, Target and Costco. When shopping for a golf bag, be sure to check the specifications to ensure that it is designed for lefties. Also, read customer reviews to get an idea of the quality of the bag before making a purchase.
If you like to save on golf purchases, keep an eye out for holiday offers and discounts. Amazon has upcoming offers on Prime Day, Black Friday, Cyber Monday and on Christmas.
Q: What are the benefits of using a left-handed golf bag?
A: The benefits of using a left-handed golf bag include a more comfortable fit for lefties, easier access to pockets and compartments, and better weight distribution.
Q: How do I choose the best left-handed golf bag for me?
A: When choosing the best left-handed golf bag for you, consider the size of the bag, the number of pockets and compartments, the weight of the bag, and the type of strap system. You should also consider your budget and any special features that you may want.
Q: What are some of the best brands that make left-handed golf bags?
A: Some of the best brands that make left-handed golf bags include Callaway, Titleist, TaylorMade, and Ogio.
If you are a lefty golfer, then you know how difficult it can be to find the right gear. But with this list of the best left-handed golf bags, you should be able to find the perfect bag for your needs. Be sure to consider the size of the bag, the number of pockets and compartments, the weight of the bag, and the type of strap system when making your decision. You should also consider your budget and any special features that you may want. With so many great options on the market, you are sure to find the perfect left-handed golf bag for you.
Hi there! I am Justin, one of the founders here at Golf Bagsy. I have been golfing since I was 12 and have participated in over 50 tournaments since 2018. When COVID took over the golf tournament schedules during the lockdowns, I spent a good amount of time doing research and writing about golf. I also provide part-time coaching for those looking to learn how to play golf and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.