If you want a golf bag without a stand, you are probably tired of lugging around a heavy bag with a stand. Golf bags with stands can be cumbersome and difficult to transport. A golf bag without a stand is a great option for those who want to travel light or who do not want the hassle of a bag with a stand.
When I am playing on courses where I have to carry my bag and gear, I prefer using my golf bag without a stand to reduce the weight of the carry. I also prefer using it when I am golfing in a hilly or rugged terrain that requires effort to move from one place to another.
Weight of the golf bag stand
A gold bag stand can weigh up to 5 pounds. That might not seem like much, but when you are carrying a golf bag full of clubs, that 5 pounds can make a big difference. A golf bag without a stand is also easier to store. You can put it in the trunk of your car or in a closet without taking up a lot of space.
Factors to consider when picking the best golf bag without a stand.
When choosing a golf bag without a stand, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
- Weight of your bag: First, consider the weight of the bag. A lightweight bag will be easier to carry and will not put as much strain on your back and shoulders.
- Size of the bag: Second, think about the size of the bag. You want a bag that is large enough to hold all of your clubs and gear, but not so large that it is difficult to carry.
- Pockets and compartments: Third, consider the pockets and compartments of the bag. You want a bag that has enough pockets to hold all of your gear, but not so many pockets that the bag is difficult to search through.
- Waterproof: Fourth, make sure the bag is waterproof. You do not want your clubs and gear to get wet if you are caught in a rainstorm.
- Easy to carry: Fifth, the bag should be easy to carry. Look for a bag with comfortable straps or a handle that makes it easy to grab and go.
- Construction: You want a bag that is well-made and durable. A poorly made bag will not last long and will not protect your clubs as well.
The best golf bags without stands are lightweight, durable, and have plenty of storage space. They are easy to carry and can withstand the elements. When choosing a golf bag without a stand, keep these factors in mind to find the perfect bag for your needs.
There are many benefits to owning a golf bag without a stand.
- First, a golf bag without a stand is easier to carry. If you are tired of lugging around a heavy bag, a golf bag without a stand is a great option.
- Second, a golf bag without a stand is easier to store. You can put it in the trunk of your car or in a closet without taking up a lot of space.
- Third, a golf bag without a stand is less likely to tip over. If you are playing on a windy day or in a hilly area, a bag with a stand can be difficult to keep stable. A golf bag without a stand is more likely to stay upright in these conditions.
- Fourth, a golf bag without a stand is easier to get in and out of a car. If you have a small car, it can be difficult to fit a bag with a stand in the trunk. A golf bag without a stand is much easier to transport.
- Finally, a golf bag without a stand is usually less expensive than a bag with a stand. If you are on a budget, a golf bag without a stand is a great option.
Reviews of the Best Golf Bag without a Stand:
TaylorMade Select ST Cart Bag
Our overall best golf bag without a stand in this 2022 list is the TaylorMade Select Stand Bag. It’s hard to find any faults with this bag, as it has everything a golfer could need in terms of functionality and features, while also being one of the more stylish options currently available on the market.
One of the main selling points of this bag is the fact that it’s insanely lightweight and this is partly because it does not come with stands which adds to the weight of the bag.
The TaylorMade Select ST Cart Bag has been designed to be the ultimate cart bag for players of all levels. This lightweight, fully ventilated bag comes with 15 individual full-length dividers and additional front-facing pockets. The new fade-resistant yarn-dyed fabric is a built-in putter well and protects polymer patches. It also features a large external pocket for accessories, plus an umbrella holder on the shoulder strap and a towel ring at the top of the bag. With its multiple storage options and innovative design, this cart bag will make any trip to the golf course more enjoyable.
Cobra Ultralight Cart Bag
The Cobra Ultralight Cart Bag is the perfect bag for the golfer who does not want the stands that come with most golf bags. This standless golf bag has a large apparel pocket and a fleece-lined valuables pocket.
The 3-way top with full length club dividers ensures your clubs are properly protected while the oversized apparel pocket allows you to carry extra clothes or shoes without having to remove them from your bag. This lightweight golf cart bag also features an insulated beverage holder, mesh side pockets, and a grab handle on the back of the bag for easy lifting.
You can get it on Amazon here.
Ping Pioneer Golf Bag
The Ping Pioneer golf bag is a great choice for the golfer who wants a lightweight, stylish bag without the added weight of stands. This bag weighs in at just 6 pounds and features a 9-inch, 5-way top with full-length dividers.
The Ping Pioneer also has 7 pockets, including a water-resistant valuables pocket, and an integrated lift handle and rain hood. The bag is available in eight different colors, so you can find the perfect one to match your style.
Callaway Golf 2021 ORG 14 Cart Bag
The Callaway Golf 2021 ORG 14 Cart Bag is another standless golf bag ideal for use as a cart bag. You’ll like that this bag is lightweight but will really appreciate that this new Callaway Golf 14-way top is designed to optimize access to clubs on golf carts and pushcarts. It features full-length dividers, with a separate putter well with TPE over mold for shaft protection.
The 10 front-facing pockets include an improved molded range finder pocket, a velour-lined valuables pocket with a waterproof zipper, a cell phone sleeve, and an insulated cooler pocket. New cart strap pass-through that does not interfere with access to pockets; Stowable padded single strap and trolley-friendly hook and loop straps secure bag to any cart.
Sun Mountain Men’s 2022 C130 14-Way Divided Golf Cart Bag
Next on this list of golf bags without stands is one by Sun Mountain. The Sun Mountain C130 14-Way Divided Golf Cart Bag weighs in at just 9 pounds and is designed to hold everything a golfer needs for a day on the course.
Sun Mountain Men’s C130 14-Way Golf Cart Bag features a 10.5” top with 14 dividers, a single strap, and the power pack has two USB ports, one standard and one rapid-charging allowing the recharging of multiple devices at the same time. The Smart Strap System attaches the bag to a riding cart with two Velcro straps which stops the bag from twisting and allows better access to the bag pockets. Among the 14 pockets are two full-length apparel pockets, water bottle pocket, rain hood pocket, umbrella sleeve, and multiple accessory pockets.
Q: Do golf bags come with stands?
A: Most golf bags come with stands, but there are a few standless options available.
Q: What is the best golf bag without stand?
A: The best golf bag without stand depends on your individual needs and preferences. Some of the best options include the Cobra Ultralight Cart Bag, the Ping Pioneer Golf Bag, and the Callaway Golf 2021 ORG 14 Cart Bag.
Q: How much does a golf bag without stand weigh?
A: A golf bag without stand typically weighs between 6 and 9 pounds.
Q: What are the benefits of a golf bag without stand?
A: The main benefit of a golf bag without stand is that it is much lighter and easier to carry than a bag with a stand. Additionally, some golfers prefer the look of a bag without a stand.
Hi there! I am Justin, one of the founders here at Golf Bagsy. I have been golfing since I was 12 and have participated in over 50 tournaments since 2018. When COVID took over the golf tournament schedules during the lockdowns, I spent a good amount of time doing research and writing about golf. I also provide part-time coaching for those looking to learn how to play golf and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.