There are golfers who won’t see the need for washing a golf bag because they don’t think it adds anything on their score. What they do not understand is that the bag is meant to guard your clubs from dirt, and a bag that has accumulated grime will do a poor job in protecting your valuables.
A professional golfer knows the benefits of good maintenance of a golf carrier. They know that if they do not take proper care of the golf bag, the clubs will wear down particularly if all your stuff is packed in the basement waiting for the start of the next golf season. But how do you clean your golf bag? The article offers you the best way to clean your golf bag and leave it sparkling clean.
How to wash your Golf Bag
While cleaning your golf bag, follow the following easy steps:
Empty the bag by removing all the contents from your golf bag under 200. Don’t forget to empty all pockets.
Lightly spray some water all over the bag
Mix up mild soap in some warm water and then take a soft rag or a clean cloth and use it to scrub the bag until it is clean. In case you want to remove some stain, try to use your household stain remover (Be careful not to damage the bag by scrubbing it hard)
Continue scrubbing smoothly and be cautious not to rub hard or else you dent/damage the stitching of the golf bag.
After the cleaning, use a hose/pipe to rinse the golf bag thoroughly with clean water.
Once your bag is clean, permit it to dry in a shaded area or overnight.
If your bag is made using vinyl, you can use a vinyl protectant to ensure there is an additional shine.
If your bag is out of shape, you can restore it to its original shape by stuffing towels in its pockets to enlarge the compartments.
How to clean the inside of a golf bag
Cleaning the inside of your golf bag is similar to cleaning the outside of the bag as the precautions, steps, and tips are identical. It is clear that you should not use a machine unless you want your bag to get damaged. However, there are two ways that I would wish you to try:
Wash the inside of your bag with just water and a piece of clean cloth, rinse and repeat until the golf bag is clean. Then you can let the bag to sit in front of a fan for 1 hour so that it gets to dry and you will have solved your issue. I have used this method for a decade and my Sun Mountain Bag looks as good as new.
Hand wash the bag. This is labor-intensive and it will take much longer but you can be assured that your bag doesn’t get torn up as opposed to using a machine. Then, hang it outside in upside down to let it dry.
Important Tips for washing your Golf bag
If you want your bag to look as good as a new bag, you can follow these simple guidelines
Don’t keep your bag in the sun to dry
There are people who think that by living their golf bag under 300 in the sun, they speed up the process of drying. However, as much as you want to use the sun to speed up the drying process, leaving the bag on the sun can make its color to fade.
Shape up your golf bag
If the bag you’re using is out of shape, it is an opportunity to remold it. This can be done by filling the pockets with towels or any identical material. The precaution should be to ensure that you don’t overstuff the bag as it can lead to damaging the zippers.
Clean the wedges of your clubs before placing them in the bag
After spending a long day at the golf course, your golf wedges would probably have collected dirt. To avoid damaging the bag, use a clean fabric to wipe off dirt on your clubs. This will ensure that the inside of your bag stays clean
Don’t wash your machine using a machine washer
A machine washer will spoil the fabric of your bag
Don’t dry your bag using high temperature (above 40°c), just place it in a shade and allow it to dry slowly
using high temperatures to dry your golf bag will spoil it completely
Other related articles on golfbagsy.com
- How to clean your golf bag
- Top golf bags under 500
- Health benefits of golf bags
- Essential items to carry in your golf bags
- How to organize your golf bag
- How does golf help you to lose weight
- Best ladies golf bags
- Why playing golf in winter is good for you
- How much does an average golf bag with clubs weigh?
- Top leather golf bags
- Best Waterproof golf bags
- What to do when your leather golf bag gets wet
- Tips of washing your waterproof golf bags
- Do you need a golf bag to play?
- How to carry a golf bag with one strap?
- What is the best age for a child to play golf?
- Is golf a sport?
- Is golf a rich man’s sport?
- Why do tour pro golfers need caddies?
- How to stop excessive dog bark in the golf course
- 10 basic golf rules
- How to break 80 in golf
- Why don’t men and women compete in golf on a professional level?
- What is the best way to learn golf?
- Different Types of Golf Bags
- Golf Bags Buying Guide: How to Pick the Right Golf Bag for You
- Why do Golf Balls have dimples?
- The new golf rule change allows putting with the flag in: What are the advantages?
- Golf: Glossary, Dictionary and Terms
- Tips to ensure that your golf bag doesn’t twist anymore
- How to take good care of your feet
- Top 10 Best Golf Shoes Reviews
- Ogio Golf Bags
- Best staff golf bags
- Top cart golf bags
- Top rated stand golf bags
- Best lightweight golf bag